The African Broadcasting Union (ABU) participated under the initiative of Ivorian Broadcasting Television (RTI) and under the auspices of ECOWAS, at a seminar held in Grand-Bassam on 13, 14 September 15, 2018. This regional seminar on information programs of public radio and television in West African states. This meeting aimed to offer a framework of exchange to the public radios and televisions of the ECOWAS area.
Twenty Representatives Member Body of the UAR from thirteen (13) countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Niger, Senegal, Togo) have reflected on the theme: "an active partnership for better regional information processing". Also participating in this seminar were representatives of ECOWAS.
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE SEMINAR ON INFORMATION PROGRAMS OF RADIO AND PUBLIC TELEVISIONS OF ECOWAS SPACE
Grand-Bassam, Ivory Coast September 13, 14 and 15, 2018
Considering the need for editorial offers in favor of an active partnership for a better treatment of regional information
We, participants of the seminar on the information programs of the public service radios and televisions of the ECOWAS area held from 13 to 15 September 2018 in the commune of Grand Bassam recommend:
- The consequent support of ECOWAS Member States to public service audiovisual enterprises
- Professional treatment of information by public service channels to better meet the demands of listeners and viewers
- Making all necessary arrangements for the designation of focal points to facilitate better sharing of information between public service channels of ECOWAS member countries
- The use of the African Union Radio Broadcasts (UAR) platform to facilitate the sharing and circulation of audio-visual data between ECOWAS member countries
- The establishment of a platform by ECOWAS to strengthen the exchange of audiovisual information between public service channels.
Done at Grand Bassam on September 15, 2018.